owl

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Our Ocean Trip in FL

Kendall and I were able to go to the ocean before we left Florida in May. We went to Clear Water beach with Bill and his family. I haven't been to the ocean since David died. It was my 8th birthday and Becky had decided that we should go to FL to get away from the cold weather. So March 4th 1995 we went to FL, and it was the first time I was away from home for a birthday, but it was also the first time I was able to be with David on my birthday. I was given a NoMad which was the first hand held gaming system with a back light and a colored screen. I was so happy. When I got to the beach this day, I was thinking about how when I was little I would go with Joe and we would play there for hours. Steve and Becky always got a hotel by the ocean so that we could go down whenever we wanted to. I ran into the water and started diving into the waves! It was so much fun, then I remembered the last time I made a sand castle and was telling Kendall about it, so we then decided it was something we needed to do.
Bill and his sons' were being attacked by seagulls, and so we snapped a picture! Poor Bill had been spending so much time here that he started getting a sun burn! I love how the sand is so white!

We came to the beach about 5 o'clock when the sun was going down so that no one would get anymore sun burns.
Kendall standing with the ocean behind him. I was the first time he had seen the gulf of Mexico, and so we had to take a picture~ it was such a wonderful day, and we had so much fun! I only wish we had a body board to ride the waves better.

No comments: