owl

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cloth Diapers ~ Day 2

OK! I have survived the first full day of cloth diapers! I was so surprised how easy this has become, and how it has just become part of life! I have learned that there are pro's and con's for each of the diapers, and that it is VERY depended upon your child! My son is what is called a heavy wetter.... He pee's... A LOT. In a normal regular day he soaks through his disposable diapers about twice, so one of my BIG requires was that they leak through the same or less then that; and let me say that I was super happy with the whole day!

First lets talk about the GO Green Pocket Diapers! I love them! I love the colored snaps, as they make changing diapers a breeze. I love how absorbent they are, how they fit, and of coarse their beautiful patterns! Of all three diapers, they are the nicest looking. My son has a little waist, and chunky thighs, and these diapers fit beautifully. I liked how I can add extra inserts with no problem at all. I also have a few version 2's which are slightly different. While I was stuffing them I thought I wasn't going to like them as much, that I was going to only like the newer ones, but that is not the case! They are softer, and Parker LOVES THEM! my favorite is the giraffe printer one...

DOWNSIDE: when the diaper is wet or dirty you MUST change the whole diaper, which means that if I were to go with all of these I would have to get more. I have about 10 right now, so I would have to double that number to be able to go full time.

Second is the Gdiapers, and we used them for half the day. Let me just say they were SO easy to use! I can see why so many people use them, as they were quick and painless. We went out and about after breakfast, and they came right along with us, never missing a beat. I loved not having to change the whole diaper each time, and they were so easy to put on, as they had Velcro just like a disposable diaper.

DOWNSIDE:They were thinner, as stated my son is a heavy wetter, so I felt like if he had REALLY peed he would have soaked through.

Third was best bottom diapers! I loved these! at about 12:30pm I got my son ready for his nap, this one has these ''overnight'' inserts, I added one of these and when my son got up at 5pm he was still dry! This is when the disposable diapers would have leaked through and soaked him from head to toe. I even more surprised when I went to change him and I felt how lite the dry ones were compared to the wet ones! I loved how easy they were to change, and how they fit.

****The best bottom diapers are a combination between the Go Green, and the Gdiapers. They are a one size, shell diaper.****

DOWNSIDE: They don't have the colored snaps like the GO Green, so it is harder to hook them evenly, This is something I think will change with practice. They are also a thinner shell, and the patterns leave a lot to be desired. Cute, but not my favorite.

I am very happy with how everything is going, and am excited to keep the good, money saving times rolling!













No comments: